The use of CBD to treat conditions such as chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, inflammation, arthritis and depression has been increasing rapidly in the recent past.
CBD’s popularity has seen this cannabis extract proliferate in stores across Utah. The Beehive State decided to take a different path in ensuring that people in need continue to access this natural remedy every time they want it.
CBD Oil Utah – All You Need To Know About CBD
CBD or cannabidiol is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. It is among hundreds of chemical compounds called cannabinoids that are native to cannabis.
While more than one hundred different cannabinoids have been isolated from the cannabis plant, CBD and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) are the most prominent.
One strain of cannabis called marijuana derives its intoxicating effects from the active ingredient – THC.
Another strain of cannabis called hemp is known as the main source of CBD. Hemp is classified in the United States as cannabis containing a maximum of 0.3% THC content while marijuana contains more than 0.3% THC content.
What’s The Difference Between Hemp CBD And Marijuana CBD?
Both hemp and marijuana contain the numerous cannabinoids in varying quantities. CBD is found in large quantities in hemp while THC is more prominent in marijuana.
CBD oil derived from hemp contains a maximum of 0.3% THC content while that from marijuana may contain a higher percentage of THC.
Is CBD Oil Legal in Utah?
When the state of Utah realized that CBD products have become so popular and available everywhere, a decision was made not to interrupt the market. The state opted for the products to continue being sold but must be registered to protect consumers.
Under the Hemp and Cannabidiol Act which was passed in 2018, the state of Utah legalized the following:
- Cultivation and processing of industrial hemp with a license from the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food.
- Marketing of industrial hemp and industrial hemp products by individuals provided the products have been registered by the Department.
- Sale of Cannabidiol (CBD) products around the state of Utah provided they are registered with the Department.
The licensed hemp products must have less than 0.3% THC content, must be registered with the state and should provide data on lab tests. The laws have been crafted in such a way that they ensure the products being sold are free from harmful contaminants and that they match the label requirements.
The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has established rules for the sale and purchase of CBD oil in the state which include:
- The CBD product must be registered with the Department.
- It must meet all testing and labeling requirements. The label resembles the labels for dietary supplements. This ensures quality by helping consumers know what is in the package.
- Every hemp product must have a barcode or QR code.
- Products must have a certificate of analysis done by a third party lab – this helps to verify information provided on the label of the product. It also ascertains the purity of the product.
The laws in Utah are the most specific to CBD, giving residents the freedom to purchase CBD anywhere across the state.
How To Get CBD Oil In The State Of Utah
The high demand for CBD products in alleviating chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, insomnia, arthritis and many other ailments has led to numerous stores opening up in the Beehive State.
The legal framework has therefore enabled Utah residents to access CBD in a lawful manner. CBD oil can be purchased anywhere in Utah but as mentioned above the product must be registered.
Check out here for an updated list of registered CBD and hemp products, industrial hemp growers and processors in Utah.
These are some of the leading shops in Utah:
- CBD Hemplife – e, 722 Yale Ave S, Salt Lake City,
- Koodegras CBD Oils – 4356 South 900 East, Millcreek,
- Koodegras CBD Oils – 8757 State St, Sandy,
- CBD OIL STORE IN SALT LAKE CITY – 1074 S Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan,
- CBD OIL VAPE SHOP – 1074 S Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan,
- CBD Hemp Oil & Herbal Supplement Mitragyna Speciosa – 1074 S Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan,
- Smoke Spot CBD Oil Store – 1074 S Jordan Pkwy, South Jordan,
- The CBD Oil Shop – 6975 Union Park Ave Suite 600, Cottonwood Heights,
- PuRx7 Hempworx CBD Oil – 887 Center St, Orem,
- Advanced Cbd Hemp Oil – 371 E 3700 N, Ogden,
- CBD Infusions – 1167 W 12th St Suite 3, Marriott-Slaterville,
If you live in Utah and are a consumer of hemp products, you are encouraged by the Department of Agriculture and Food to ask retailers if the CBD product they are selling is registered. You can also look for a barcode or QR code on goods before you purchase.
As the demand for CBD grows in leaps and bounds, numerous companies are manufacturing a variety of CBD-infused products. These products can be purchased in retail stores or from various online vendors who may not be necessarily domiciled in Utah.
While the state of Utah has implemented strict rules for CBD products to ensure consumers are protected, it’s advisable to take caution when buying these products online.
Here are some tips in case you decide to shop online:
- Only buy oil produced from organic cannabis to ensure it’s free from heavy metals, harmful pesticides, fertilizers and other contaminants.
- Insist on CBD that shows 3rd party lab tests of the product. This will give you the peace of mind that an independent entity has verified the ingredients to ensure quality and purity of what you are purchasing.
- Purchase CBD extracted using the supercritical CO2 method. Brands that use chemical solvents for extraction may be contaminated.